Design Detroit proudly introduces our readers to the WORKROOM, one of the great initiatives happening in our city.
Workroom is the local headquarters for the burgeoning fashion community in Detroit. Various local professionals refine their crafts and offer their wares and services within it’s walls. Like an all-inclusive “Fashion House”, Workroom houses creative professionals that work together to bring fashion to life, from product development to the retail storefront.
WORKROOM consists of seven departments dedicated to creativity, design, function and community.
1. SEW: Fashion Design Studio – Ready to Wear Designs, Samples, Custom Pieces and Home Décor
2. GALLERY: Retail House & Gallery Space – Curated Apparel, Accessories, Exhibition and Consultation
3. STUDIO: In-House Studio Production of Leather, Metal and Glass Fashion Accessories & Home Accents
4. GATHER: Consultation Services and Creative Incubation in a Professional Atmosphere
5. SHOOT: Photography Studio – Portrait, Fashion, Beauty Sessions – In House Production Shoots – Available for Rental to Other Professionals, Students, Brands & Labels for Photography and Video Usage.
6. STYLE: Styling Services – Professional Hair & Makeup Stations – Premier Product Retail of Hair Care and Makeup Products.
7. YOUTH: Opportunities for Inner City Youth to be Mentored by Creative Thinkers and Doers.The workroom initiave is founded upon culture and the integration of creative people living and working to ultimately showcase and sell their goods.
What is WORKROOM 1.0?
Workroom 1.0 is an event created to continue the vision and ideology of the WORKROOM concept.
The first WORKROOM 1.0 took place on January 26, 2012 in the New Amsterdam District, on the corner of Cass Avenue and Amsterdam, The venue was perfect. WORKROOM chose a former Cadillac Showroom in the Dalgleish Building , with open space , mirrored walls, beautiful floors and a window view that features the Fisher Building and New Center as a backdrop for their first endeavor.
What is the impact of WORKROOM?
WORKROOM, promotes the blending of fashion and function. In the community, from personal clientele to the professionals served, unique and design driven products are offered at WORKROOM.
As an industry, WORKROOM promotes and connects emerging talent with established talent, like an aspiring model with a nationally recognized brand. The ultimate goal of the WORKROOM concept is to bring awareness to a localized industry that can compete in other markets, and meet the Fashion Industry standards that are seen in areas.
The team at WORKROOM knowledgable and talented in their fields of expertise. Each department leader in the WORKROOM is viewed as trailblazers in their individual industries.
We will post updates on WORKROOM 2.0, the next event sponsored by WORKROOM.
Design Detroit congratulates WORKROOM for their initiative to help Design Detroit!