What inspires us? A candid photo, a piece of artwork, a beautiful magazine ad? It’s hard to say where we find inspiration when it comes to giving rooms in our home a face lift. Why, when it is so beautiful outside, is Design Detroit posting a story about giving the inside a new look? Summertime is about relaxing wherever we can, by a pool, in our yard, on boat or on a vacation and all of those activities are synonous with reading magazines. Magazines are a great resource for home inspiration. From House Beautiful to Better Homes and Garden, rooms and products are highlighted to provide you with great ideas that can give your environment new energy and vitality.
Here’s the coolest, hottest tool Design Detroit has found to help you plan your fall project in July so that you can enjoy your new room come fall. Sherwin Williams, a name known for quality paint, has an online program, “ChipIt!” , where inspirational photos can be uploaded to the Sherwin Williams site, and Sherman will spit back colors that are prevalent in your photo. How cool is that?
Simple steps to Facelift a room:
1. Pick a room that needs a facelift
2. Enjoy your summer as usual with home magazines always at your side
3. Buy those cute little post it notes that can book mark a page for you in a magazine
4. Look at all your photos that you have tagged as a collection. Try to identify a common thread that draws you to the photo. This can be mood, color combinations, or style
5. Scan one of your photos, upload the photo to ChipIt , and plan your strategy
6. Plan your painting project for a rainy August day (or call a painter which is my preference)
If you are someone who has very little time to relax, download the Sherman Williams color snap app to you phone and it will identify colors for you while you are out and about.
It’s easy to facelift a room when you chip at it little by little.
Find a Sherwin Williams Store near you and watch for coupons.